- International Festival of Lights/Battle Creek Through Dec. 31. Includes a nightly light show at Mill Race Park along with many other activities. This year’s theme is The Polar Express. Visit bcfestivals.com for more information.
- Holiday Walk at W.K. Kellogg Manor House Friday and Saturday, Nov. 26-Dec. 17 and Monday, Dec. 19 and Wednesday, Dec. 21 Noon to 5 p.m. Tour this 1925 house decorated in Christmas splendor, and shop unique gifts from featured artists and crafters. $7 adults, $5 seniors and students. Visit kbs.msu.edu for more information.
- Coopersville/Marne Railway Santa Train Saturday and Sundays through Dec. 18th. Visit website for departure times. Ride the train with Santa and his elves. Cost $14.50 for adults. $11.50 Kids 2-12. Under 2 free. Visit coopersvilleandmarne.org for more information.
- Kalamazoo Art Hop & More Friday, December 2, 2011 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. downtown. Visit kazooart.org for more information.
- Otsego Christmas Parade Dec. 2nd 7 p.m. Downtown
- Plainwell Tree Lighting Ceremony Dec.2nd at 6:45 p.m. Main and Bridge St.
- Plainwell Christmas Parade Dec. 3rd 1 p.m. Downtown
- Winter Wonderland/Seminole Canyon Farm – Allegan Saturday December 3, 2011, 1-3pm. $5/person $20/family,includes all activities. Get your Picture taken with the “Holiday Horses”, take a pony ride, enjoy Hot cocoa and candy canes, participate in games, crafts and go on a Christmas scavenger hunt. Visit seminolecanyonfarm.com for more info.
- Walk with Mary and Joseph/Merson Church Dec. 3rd and 4th 6-8:30 p.m. Outdoor Christmas walk. Experience Bethlehem the night Jesus was born. Visit mersonchurch.org for more information.
- Holidays at the Homestead/Kalamazoo Nature Center DeLano Homestead Dec. 4th and 11th 1-4 p.m. Experience an old fashioned Christmas. Explore the farm house, make Christmas cookies and candles. Enjoy music and take a horse drawn wagon ride. Watch spinners, weavers and blacksmiths at work. Free with admission to the nature center. Wagon rides $1. Visit naturecenter.org for more information.
- Of Christmas Past/Charlton Park Hastings Dec. 10th & 11th noon to 5. $5 adults, $4 children 3-12. See the historic buildings in the village, try your hand at traditional crafts, take a wagon ride and sample roasted chestnuts. Games for children and shopping are also available. Santa will be there too! Visit charltonpark.org for more info.
West Michigan Christmas Activities for the Whole Family
November 28, 2011 By Leave a Comment